I helped set up the foundation for UX and UI for the prototype, because Bredenoord and Xeelas did not have any previous project to draw from.
The purpose of the prototype was to measure the feasibility of their concept. My main object was to display the data that came out of custom hardware in a useful way to Bredenoord mechanics out in the field.
Outline for sprint
The first wireframes
These are the first wireframes that came out of brainstorm sessions. There were several short rounds with the back-end developer, embedded engineer, a few other stakeholders and also some end-users.
New essential requirements arose on many of the fields involved. We used those to narrow down the features in user stories for every player in the team and thereby making the expectations more reasonable.
We made initial animation experiments to see if we could save on screen real estate.